The best chocolate chip cookies in the world? Very simple: Crispy on the outside and very soft on the inside… Mmmh, it doesn’t get any better than this! I searched for a long time until I found the perfect recipe for these delicious cookies. The opinions and recipe ideas on the internet are very different when it comes to how to achieve the perfect cookie consistency. But I finally found the solution for the perfect crunchy-outside soft-inside cookie. Read on if you want the recipe:
These are the best chocolate chip cookies in the world
Of course I will not keep the secret of these amazing cookies to myself. Here’s what you need for the recipe:
- 130g butter, molten
- 150g brown sugar
- 50g white sugar
- 2 tbsp Agave syrup
- 2.5 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 250g flour + ca. 50g to spare
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 160-200g chocolate chips (depending on how chocolate-y you want them)
1. Preheat oven to 175°C. Melt the butter in the microwave or pan until it is completely liquid. Let it cool down for a few minutes and then mix it with the brown and white sugar. Stir until the mixture gets a creamy, light consistency.
2. Add the agave juice, vanilla extract, and the egg one after the other and mix in well each time. Do not beat the mixture too hard, just until everything is well mixed.
3. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir well until a round dough can be formed in the bowl. Depending on the consistency, add more flour here if the dough is too sticky. Tip: I usually have to add 1-2 tablespoons more. The dough should not be too dry though!
4. Add the chocolate chips according to your own taste and mix in with a wooden ladle. Personally, I prefer a lot of chocolate in my cookies, but here you are free to choose how you prefer it.
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper and form the dough into small balls by hand (about half the size of your palm). Lay them out on the baking tray with enough space between them.
6. Bake the cookies for about 10-15 minutes. When you take them out, the edges should be golden brown. The cookies will look a little pale in the middle, but that’s how it should be!
7. Let the cookies cool down for at least 20 minutes. Straight out of the oven they are still very soft, but when they cool down they will harden a bit, so that the crispy crust is formed.
8. Enjoy! 🍪🥛
What’s your favorite cookie recipe? Tell me in the comments!
Want regular Updates? Sign up for my Newsletter: