Today is my birthday. That means today I start a brand new year, a new beginning, new chances, new memories. But today I also want to reflect back. Today I’ve existed on this world for exactly 26 years and in these years I have already experienced a lot. I have traveled to foreign countries, survived puberty, discovered love and made and lost friendships.
Yeah, now that I think about it, I learned a few things. And I should appreciate it a little bit more. That’s why I’ve taken time for today to find the 26 things that I’ve learned in my 26 years. Maybe something resonates with you, maybe you are experiencing something similar… I would be happy if you would share it with me. 🙂
26 years, 26 things I’ve learned
- What goes around, comes around.
- You can’t always be right.
- It’s okay not to be okay.
- You live and learn.
- Some relationships aren’t built for the big forever – and that’s okay.
- I’m my own biggest critic.
- Being alone is a valuable skill.
- The first glance can be very deceptive.
- Setting boundaries is important and you don’t have to feel guilty if you say no.
- The comfort zone is real and there to be abandoned from time to time.
- Pineapple definitely belongs on pizza.
- Falling on your face is part of it, the important thing is to get up again.
- There is no love like in Hollywood movies – but the reality is much nicer.
- Sometimes you just have to smile, nod and think your part.
- Finding yourself well is totally okay.
- If something is not good for you, then remove it from your life. This also applies to people.
- I’m not perfect, but I’m good enough.
- A little empathy will get you very far.
- I can do much, much more than I dare.
- Money doesn’t grow on trees.
- The biggest obstacles in life give you the most precious memories.
- The first step is always the hardest.
- In the end, jumping over your own shadow brings more and more light into your life.
- Never go to bed angry.
- Chocolate helps against almost every bad mood.
- Life is too short not to travel!
Want Regular Updates? Sign up for my Newsletter: